This came through in my email, and it really caught my attention. If you’re into big data and how the big guys do it… and if you’re into science… this sounds like a great event!
5-6pm: Pizza and meet-n-greet with cash bar
6pm-ish: Recruiting shout-out, announcements, etc.
* Qubole – “Realtime data analytics”
Qubole was also founded by engineers from Facebook.
* Yelp – “Humans by the Hundred: Scaling big data for big team growth”
Yelp will discuss the dynamics of growing a software team in the midst of a growing big data infrastructure.
* MasterCard – “Hadoop at MasterCard”
* Cloudera – Integration with Kafka and Hadoop
* Amazon – “Hadoop on AWS”
* IBM – “Big Data Data Science”
Post presentations: Science Explosions! Seriously, GLSC staff are to blow things up with science and we are going to watch.
There will be free parking at the Great Lakes Science Center.
RSVP at the meetup at: http://www.meetup.com/Cleveland-Hadoop/events/223023297/